Layout

Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Techniques

Ever since I became a crafting kind of girl, I've always looked for new and interesting ways to make my pieces more one of a kind, and more detailed. I look at trends, but I also hunt down videos on how to do new techniques to bring new dimensions to my crafting. My first love in crafting was for hand made cards. This probably started when I was a little girl making little cards and cut outs for my parents when I was in school. If you have kids, then you know the cards I'm talking about. Happy Mother's Day! Happy Father's Day! Merry Christmas! I can remember working to my heart's content on the best card my parents had ever seen. I did after all have 3 other siblings to compete with! As I've grown older, my desires for my cards have changed. Now I try to create cards that the receivers study and hopefully enjoy for the little details that went into making each one.

Since I'm all about new techniques, I am going to share one I thought was pretty cool. Close To My Heart has rub-ons that are too cute to believe. Yes they are letter and numbers, but they have newspaper typeset within them! How cool! Here is a short demonstration video about how to use them!


Access Video HERE!


I have been busy making cards, and have added the rub-ons on my must have list! I am already imagining the cards I can create. I will upload some of the work I've been working on soon, but don't want to spoil the surprise for those who are receiving them! This is a busy time of year for me with lots of birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays!

If you are interested in ordering the rub-ons or the chocolate ink, please shop at my CTMH website.

If you've created artwork with the rub-ons, or do in the future, please feel free to share your artwork! I'd love to see what you've created.

Have a Craftastic Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment