Layout

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Making Your Lip Balm Containers Cute Part 2

Hey everyone! Glad you made it over to part 2 where we really get to have some fun. I want to encourage everyone who reads this to really think outside the box. How you decorate is up to you, I'm just going to give you tips and share what I did!Link

I used:

My Reflections Level 2 Lucky Papers - X71378

Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad in Cocoa - Z2114
A Huge Thanks Stamp Set - W185
Personal Paper Trimmer - Z338
Micro-Tip Scissors - Z534
Pen
Cutting Knife - Z1252
Tombow Mono Adhesive - 1514
My first step was to choose the paper from my Lucky pack that I wanted to use. I then used a scrap piece of paper to measure the length and width of paper I would need to cover the body of the lip balm tube.

I found that 2 1/4" X 1 7/8" was the perfect fit for me.

I cut he paper I selected and then applied adhesive to the back of the paper. I put adhesive along the leading edge, ending edge, and some in the middle to help it stick to the tube.

I then wrapped it around the tube firmly and smoothed out any wrinkles or air bubbles.

My next step was flipping the container upside down and tracing on the back of my scrap paper the lid of the lip balm tube.

I then cut this lid out using scissors.

Afterwords I applied adhesive to the back of the paper and then adhered it to the top of the lip balm. I found I had a little overhang, but used my craft knife to trim that off so the paper was flush with the lid diameter.

Now this is where it gets interesting for me:

I had this white space around the lip balm lid I wanted to fill. Here are some ideas for how to fill up that space:

Ribbon - Adhere ribbon around it the same way you did the paper.

Sparkles - You can use adhesive sparkles here as well (CTMH product numbers Z1327, Z1326, Z1104, and the list goes on!)

Stamp - I am seeing if this is going to work but am waiting to let the ink set and dry for 24 hours. I used StayzOn ink (CTMH product numbers Z1142 or Z888) and I stamped a message around the lid.

My last step was stamping a cute little flower on the lid using my Cocoa Ink and a flower from my stamp set.

I'd love to see what you come up with for all of your lip balm tubes!

These are great gifts for friends, co-workers, teachers, bosses, customers, and even for yourself! Coordinate your lip balm with your outfits!

Remember, you don't need to make your own lip balm to do this project, you can buy some from the store or a direct sales consultant in the beauty business! I encourage you to shop with your small business owning friends and help them to grow their businesses!

Have a great day and until next time! I'll be dreaming up a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment